Are you finding more and more often that even the name of some public figures causes your stomach to churn and your anger to blaze?
Are you furious at their incompetence and total lack of respect for the laws of the land, truth, right and justice?
Do you want to barf when you see the arrogant politicians and social engineers call evil good and good evil?
Are you really mad as all get out, and are just about ready to say, ‘I’m not going to take this anymore?’
Well, join the club!
God Himself comments in Proverbs 10:7 saying,
‘The memory of the just is blessed: but the name of the wicked shall rot.’
So, we know the end of the wicked.
Not only will their bodies rot, but even their names will rot.
But, what are we to do in the mean time? How do we occupy until the Lord comes?
We read and apply the teachings of Psalm 37, which says in part,
1. 'Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity.'
Don’t waste your time worrying about them.
2. 'For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. '
Their time is short.
3. 'Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.'
Take your mind off the workers of sin and their lies. Focus on the Lord.
4. 'Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.'
This is a wonderfully helpful verse. Consider all the love and mercy that God shows to us daily. Read and study His book. You will find that the Lord is a delightful companion who is with you always. God will also put desires or dreams in your own heart that are in line with God’s will for YOUR life.
5. 'Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.'
There is no government or society that can stop God from doing what He wants to do in your life. Fulfilled desires of the heart are brought about by God, not government policies.
6. 'And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday.'
Christians don’t have to ‘toot their own horn’. If and when God wants a Christian in the spotlight, He will put them there.
7. 'Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.'
Continue to ignore the wicked and focus continually on what the Lord asks of all His children in general, and you specifically. Fretting about the seeming success of the wicked is just going to give you a stomach ache and lead you into sin.
8. 'Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.'
Don’t let the evil doers of the day cause you anger. Unless they repent and turn from evil, they will face a dreadful end. Instead pray for them as Paul prayed for the Macedonians. Let them turn from the power of Satan to the power of God. (Acts 28:16)
9. 'For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth.'
The power of the evil doers will be cut off. Those who wait on the Lord get the earth.
10. 'For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be . '
The wicked have no place in eternity.
11. 'But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace. '
The meek are the winners.
Who are the meek?
The meek are those who understand that their victory is not by their own power, but the power of the Lord. Moses was one of the mightiest men of all time, yet he was meek above all men (Numbers 12:3) We as mortals have no power to overcome the wicked leadership now facing the entire world. Our power to overcome is through the Lord.
What a relief!
We don’t have to come up with a game plan that will work in restoring or bringing about a just and righteous world government. An abundance of peace will come through the power of God. Our job is to follow the instructions in this Psalm. THAT is what will do us the most good personally, and ultimately bring about a better world.